Friday, February 24, 2012

How easy or difficult is it to move to Seattle?

I am from Miami and currently live in Jackson, MS, I want to move to Seattle and wonder how relocation might be. Social life and employment. Anyone can give me some advice?How easy or difficult is it to move to Seattle?
It depends. Seattle is a great city, it really is. But it's a different lifestyle then it is in the South.

I know this because I have visited Mississippi, Alabama, Florida numerous times. I have family there.

Anyways, it's alot different. Seattle is known for what's called "The Seattle Chill". People are quite reserved....and may come off as cold. It makes it kinda hard to meet people, at first. But I swear, people warm up and you can still meet people. You just have to know this. I've met alot of great people in Seattle. You just have to be actively involved....and well if your liberal that helps.



Employment is not terrible. It's alot better then most cities. So you've got that. I know that the Seattle job market is just going to improve too, as the years go on. Seattle is a very self-efficient city as well.
well i read an article here on yahoo a couple months ago that seattle was voted the best for jobs right now with the least unemployment and the highest number of job openings. a downfall will be the cost of living its one of the costliest cities in the us with an average rent 1500.00 but if that's no concern you will defiantly love the sightsHow easy or difficult is it to move to Seattle?
Unemployment is around 9%, better than most states. The weather is nice year round. Some people complain that is rains a lot, but the stats say otherwise. It's safe and good place for singles (read on the internet). But cost of living is just a little high.



I'm in Atlanta and so sick of it. I'm also considering Seattle or maybe San Diego. I have to find a good paying job first.



Good luck.
As of June WA was 29th in unemployment rates. Unemployment has gone down a bit, but it's still around 9%. Social life depends on what you like to do. There is quite a variety. As for advice, plan on trying to fit in.
  • things to do in miami
  • raw food recipes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment