Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How hard is it to get a retail job in Seattle?

Planning on moving here but how hard is it to get a retail job without recent experience? I have not had a job since 2002 and even then it was retail. What do people in Seattle look at when hiring?



Can I make it on my own with a retail job?.. Like my own apartment, will jobs here pay enough?How hard is it to get a retail job in Seattle?
Minimum wage is meager. Retail Sales Customer Service jobs, on average will earn you $23,000. You might need two retail jobs because apartments downtown start at about $600 per month, plus utilities are about $175 per month. You might want to house share for about $400, plus utilities.



I would suggest getting someone to share an apartment with you, or plan on getting two jobs. When I worked at McDonald's they let me take home the extra salads if I worked closing shift. Maybe if you wanted food service, you could get food at work.



Good luck!How hard is it to get a retail job in Seattle?
If your clean cut without a criminal background and interview well, you won't have a problem at all. They aren't especially warm to transplants around here, especially at first. It takes awhile to get into the "groove" here. You will feel strange and out of place for awhile, confused even. But after say about four months or so, you will either love it with all your heart like I do, or be like others I've seen that constantly complain about everything and never do quite fit in. Don't expect to bring whatever city you are from with you hear because it won't fly. This city makes you adjust to it. This city is the most beautiful awe inspiring places I've ever been in. It's surreal here at times. Minimum wage here is over nine dollars an hour and places here are very progressive and liberal when it comes to raises and benefits. If you can get in somewhere around here cherish it, and don't leave till you actually find something else or you could be living in limbo for awhile. This is a great city once your in.
  • dickey s bbq
  • ashton kutcher cheating
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment