Friday, February 24, 2012

Who should I call in Seattle government to repair the connection between my side sewer and the main line?

I just had a sewer scope done during the inspection of a house I'd like to buy. The scope revealed that the connection between the side sewer pipe and the main line had become detached. The guy doing the scope said it looks like the break occurred at the connection point to the main line, which, according to Seattle's utility code, is the city's responsibility.



So, does anyone know where I call? I can't find a good number on the Seattle Public Utilities website...Who should I call in Seattle government to repair the connection between my side sewer and the main line?
Well, You probably already saw this page but here it is anyway; http://www.seattle.gov/util/Services/Dra鈥?/a>

Of course there is the main number to call: (206) 684 3000
I have replaced a few side sewers myself and it's,.. as you would imagine, a tough and stinky job. But if it IS the First connection from your line to there main, as they are responsible for the main and first "fitting". Then someone at that number should be able to help you. Hope this helps..
There is also another number you can call for more detailed info about your specific house parcel 684 5362 this is the Seattle Planning Department.
http://www.seattle.gov/util/groups/publi鈥?/a>Who should I call in Seattle government to repair the connection between my side sewer and the main line?
according to the guy who do the scope is "it's look like the break occured at the connection point to the main line" this means he's not sure where the problem is right?so first thing you can do is hire a sewer line cleaner that has a snake machine with camera on it just to determine where exactly the breakage is.otherwise the city of seattle will not fix the problem until it was proven that the problem was in there part of the mainline specially it involves of digging and ofcourse they bring the heavy equipment to dug a hole.So, by this means, it involves a city budgets.



If you already sure then just simply go to the town hall/city hall and ask who's the right person to talk to about this problem or simply call the city hall to inquire what devision office you need to call and dont forget to ask there number or might be they can connect you right away. Good luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment