Saturday, February 11, 2012

What are the best residential areas to live around Seattle for families with young children?

My wife and 4yo daughter are considering moving from the bay area of California to Seattle. We are making a trip to Seattle in a few weeks to check it out. But what areas should we check out? We are seeking quiet, safe and quaint neighborhoods/towns with a sense of community. I work in the tech field (user research) so can't be too far from possible employers (tough one I know). Anyway, what towns outside of Seattle and neighborhoods inside of Seattle should we consider. Oh, gotta have good schools.What are the best residential areas to live around Seattle for families with young children?
I would recommend Madrona. Its a nice area and close to Lake Washington, Trader Joes %26amp; Madison Market. They have great private schools such as Bush. I would not recommened going to the Madrona K-8 just because the kids seem un-cilivalized.



Also: Seward Park, MT. Baker, Leschi, Lake Washington.



I would stay away from these areas:

South Seattle:

Just around Rainer Ave and Rainer Beach H.S. The closer your to Lake Washington is when the people nice and trustworthy.



White Center: Trash and lots of drugs



Burien: Same as above



Anywhere along Pacific/International HWY is just a calling to get robbed.



Central District: Its so-so but again the closer your to the Lake the better. But, the people are nice even though they look like there in gangs. They are very nice its just they dress that way. The only bad thing is there use of language. I even had one of them save my daughter from almost falling out of her carrier and not to mention help on the bus. .
I used to live in the Greenlake area, and now I also live in the bay area!! Personally, I like the weather in Seattle better, but I get to ride my beloved horses down here, so I'm torn. :(

Report Abuse

What are the best residential areas to live around Seattle for families with young children?
I think Mukilteo is the best area because there are great job openings (like at Penguin Windows) and the schools are amazing. the people there are great, the the neighborhoods are really nice and safe. The houses are on sale for really good prices too, you can save lots of money just by buying a house there instead of in Seattle. Good Luck!!!
Bellevue
inside seattle - magnolia, ballard and queen anne hill.



outside - shoreline?

No comments:

Post a Comment