Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Where can I find a kolache equivalent in Seattle?

For those of you how have never been to Houston, original kolaches are pigs in a blanket, but they also come with egg, ham, cheese and all sorts of version. Do you know if they exist in Seattle?Where can I find a kolache equivalent in Seattle?
My grandmother was Bohemian. Bohemia is now part of the Czech Republic. I know Kolache. They are not pigs in a blanket. Found this from Seattle Sun Times.

Bohemian bakery



Marie Makovicka's Little Prague European Bakery and Deli is at 6045 California Ave. S.W. in West Seattle (206-935-7237). Look for an awning for the Stuffed Shirt Catering Co. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Home-cooked lunches and dinners need 24 hours' advance notice. Makovicka's lunch and dinner menu is extensive, but only two or three of the selections are available at any one time, so it's best to call ahead to reserve a meal.
Sally- I know what you are talking about. I am from Austin and used to eat Kolaches all the time. They are just like huge pigs in a blanket. I used to get them from Dunkin' donuts all the time. I know it has been awhile since you posted this question, so I was wondering if you found a place.

Report Abuse

Where can I find a kolache equivalent in Seattle?
ya.......

No comments:

Post a Comment