Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do you recommend visiting Seattle over all the other west coast cities?

I have a good portion of money saved up and want to make a trip to some city in the west coast. I really want to visit Seattle because of its scenery and I want to try snowboarding because I've never tried it. Would you think that Seattle would be a nice city in the west coast to visit or do you recommend visiting some city in California? If you do this Seattle is a nice place to visit, what kind of activities does Seattle offer to tourists/visitors?Do you recommend visiting Seattle over all the other west coast cities?
Seattle is not on the coast; it's on a sound, but it's not coastal. You're not looking at the ocean when you're there.



That said, Seattle is a pretty cool place. My friend and her husband live there, and we got to visit a few years ago. The scenery is really pretty. There is a lot to do. You can see the Space Needle, go on a Ducks tour, visit Pike Place Market, see the EMF, visit the first Starbucks... And if you like seafood, of course it's fantastic.



When we visited, we took a day trip to other parts of Washington (we wanted to go to Vancouver, but we didn't have our passports), and I think that was the best part. I liked Seattle, don't get me wrong, but I live within a day's trip of Chicago, so the big city thing doesn't really appeal to me. I like the food, and I like the natural aspects of it, but I could live without the rest.



You can snowboard anywhere that there is snow, so you don't need to go to Seattle specifically to do that.



I've never been to California (except the airport on my way back from Hawaii - which I highly recommend visiting), so I don't know about that.
I lived in Seattle for five years, and I would say either to visit there or San Francisco. You can go snowboarding at Stevens Pass and Snoqualmie, both are a short drive east. Seattle has all the tourist destinations such as Pike Place Market, Space Needle, etc.. I would recommend doing a day trip to the Olympic National Park, Vancouver, the San Juan Islands, or Mt. Rainier depending on what time of year it is. Also check out the Fremont neighborhood, very trendy. Tons to do in Seattle, you won't be bored!Do you recommend visiting Seattle over all the other west coast cities?
California is where you want to be. And more importantly Seattle isn't along the coast. Check out a map once every so often.
come to Vancouver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment