Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How much will living in Seattle cost?

Okay I am planning on moving to Seattle in the near future, how is expensive will it be to live in the city? I am going to Seattle University and which will be the best city to live in? I do not want to live on campus so please tell me the best town to live in.How much will living in Seattle cost?
I live a few minutes away from Seattle U in Madrona. I can tell you for a college student, it can be every expensive, your talking $800 - $1200 in rent for a one bedroom. If you can go outside of Seattle, like Renton or Kent, you'll find 1-BED for $500. Check out Craigslist as well and Capitol Hill is okay, but not great. They have cheaper rents in the Central District (decent area) %26amp; South End (not a great area)



Food, can be expensive depending on where you like to shop. I have a friend and she's 19, college student, and just applied for food stamps and gets $120 for it. I don't and pay $400 a month on food, I shop Grocery Outlet and Trader Joes.



Transportation: The metro costs $2.25 (up to 2 hours transers good till) or a pass is $81, and it's got to where I drive everywhere, because I spend the same on the city bus as it would cost me in gas, because $60 a month for gas if better than $81. I do like the train (Light Rail), but is still expensive if your riding it everyday.



Jobs: It's is not too bad for job searching if your okay with retail or similar positions. If thats what your looking for than you can find a job very fast. When you get here go to Airport Jobs in Seatac Airport and they have a list of jobs and you will start working within days. Thats what I did and was hired on the same day and with tips make about $15 an hour.



Also see if you can find a Job as a nanny. It seems lots of parents prefer students at Seattle U and pay from $13 to $18 an hours. Check it out, people post in the colleges jobs section.
Well, you'll want to stay in Seattle if you're going to Seattle University. I would live in the University district or maybe Capitol Hill. Cost of living is steep in the Pacific Northwest and jobs are very hard to come by right now. I would avoid downtown or going too far out of the city because traffic coming in and out of the city center is atrocious.How much will living in Seattle cost?
I grew up in the Seattle area and rent can be high it just depends on the size of the place you are looking for. I'd look for a place in Bellevue, or Issaquah if you like to drive then I grew up in the Snoqualmie Valley. The bus (Metro) and train (Sounder) are also great ways to get around.

Call the college they may know people who need renters. other wise food and things like that cost about the same as any place else taxes can be high out there too.



I hope to move back to that area in Oct but jobs are hard to get I work in EMS and first time I can recall little to no EMS jobs.



hope this helps if you need more help e-mail me again I grew up out there and my dad used to work in real-estate there so i know some realtors out there.
Depends on where you are thinking about living? The cost of living for an apartment in seattle is anywhere between $850-1200 a month. (Usually for a one bedroom.) I live in bellevue and its just an expensive here as it is in seattle. Good luck finding a place. I would go to www.apartmentfinder.com.
You can go and check out the rentals they have. Make sure the prices are ok for you before you do that.
It is not so expensive but it will also depend on your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment