Saturday, February 11, 2012

Is the job market in Seattle relative to other cities in the US?

I live in Ottawa, Canada and I am considering moving to Seattle after i finish my undergrad. However, i was worried about the job market in Seattle, and how much are the average monthly living expenses?Also, can i get a decent job there with a BA in political science: concentration in international relations and a minor in economics?Is the job market in Seattle relative to other cities in the US?
The unemployment rate is currently at 8.7% which is a bit lower than the national average:

http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.wa_seattle_ms鈥?/a>

You can probably make due on $3000/month minimum, but it will be tough to find a job if you don't have a engineering degree.
Depends what you do. If you're in any position in the tech industry, the general attitude is "huh? What recession?". I got laid off from a fairly well-paying job in 2/2009. I was employed again by 4/1/2009, so unemployment for me was an 8 week vacation.

Austin, TX is doing pretty well right now too.

Stan: The job market here is loaded with non-grads or people (like myself) who have a degree in something completely foreign to their actual job. Employers here care less about educational pedigree than general competency.Is the job market in Seattle relative to other cities in the US?
i heard theres a lot of jobs out in seatte , thats why my parents wants to move there

No comments:

Post a Comment