Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What are best museums and parks to visit in Seattle?

I'm planning a trip to Seattle in August and I'm curious which are the best mesuems to see and which are considered tourist traps? I also want to know if there is public transportation to Olympic National Park.What are best museums and parks to visit in Seattle?
The best parks and museums in Seattle (this is hard to narrow down)



The Seattle area has some really unique museums: The Seattle Art Museum which is currently housed in the Seattle Asian Art Museum, The Nordic Heritage Museum, The Experience Music Project, The Museum of History and Industry, The Museum of Flight, The Center for Wooden Boats (all in Seattle), The Museum of Glass (Tacoma), The Museum of Doll Art (Bellevue) and these are just to name a few.



The parks are just as unique. Discovery park has a bluff for flying kites, a bit of beach, great blackberry picking; There鈥檚 a great garden/park at the Hiram Chittenden Locks; Greenlake Park has a nice path around the lake for walking/jogging/blading/biking; Seward Park is great on Lake Washington; Golden Gardens has a nice beach on Elliott Bay; the Washington Park Arboretum has a beautiful Japanese garden and tea house.
Thank you all. I'm looking forward to my visit to this wonderful city.

Report Abuse

What are best museums and parks to visit in Seattle?
Pike Place Market, Science Center (great for kids) Pikes Place, The Old Speghetti Factory. There is also the Dinner Train in Renton. THAT is cool!!
The Space Needle is something worth doing...because you would not believe how many of my friends think it is cool that I went to the top of "the needle"! The view is awesome and spend at least an hour up there, because people from around the world will be there willing to talk and enjoy the view with you. Seattle is a great city I love and I will visit again...............
Forget about Seattle .Come on down to Tacoma to the Washington state mesuem. And go to Point Defiance zoo and park.

Better people live in Tacoma Seattel sucks
you definitely need to visit the park near Kurt Cobain's old house.
If you have a more cosmopolitan taste, I'd take in the Seattle Art Museum or any of its cooperative sites, like the Wing Luke Museum. Top off your visit with lunch at Wild Ginger and it's a successful day. If you want a combo museum and park, try the UW campus. The Burke Gallery and all the walkabouts on the campus are worthy of a visit.



But then, I'm not from Seattle, I just know where I like to go to stimulate my mind and the air I breathe.
Wonderful vacation choice! It is my absolute favorite place to visit and I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your trip. I will include all of my favorite places to visit as well as a few that are a bit out of town but well worth the trip. Good Luck!
if you stick to Seattle, go to volunteer park, if you climb a water tower you can get panaramic views for free (unlike space needle)



but if you make it down to Tacoma to catch one of only 3 glass museums in the world, check out Pt. Defiance Park, one of the largest urban parks west of Central Park at about 600 acres
Woodland Park Zoo, Experience Music Project, Pike Place Market.



Have fun, and welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment