Friday, March 9, 2012

How much should I estimate for Payroll taxes in Seattle WA?

I'm doing some rough estimates. If I have 4 part time employee's in Seattle Washington that I pay $9.50 an hour for, how much should I estimate for payroll taxes (the part I have to pay in addition to what I pay them)? Is there a certain percentage?How much should I estimate for Payroll taxes in Seattle WA?
You (or your payroll company) need to withhold 7.65% of your employee's pay toward FICA (social security and medicare).



As the employer, you have to match the amount with another 7.65% which comes out of your pocket, not out of their pay.



The total FICA taxes you pay will be 15.3% of the wages earned by your employees, with half of that coming out of their pay, and the other half coming from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment