Friday, March 9, 2012

What's the best route to take on a roadtrip from LA to Seattle?

Two of my friends and I are planning a roadtrip for next summer and we have a little over a week to go from LA to Seattle and back. We are planning on sleeping in motels along the way, since my friends are not the camping type.What's the best route to take on a roadtrip from LA to Seattle?
I'd say up the coast, that way you can enjoy the scenery. The last time I drove from the Seattle area down to L.A. we took I-5 and the majority of the trip was pretty boring. The main highlight from that trip might've been the Lake Shasta area. I love the Oregon coast, it has a lot to do and see. If you drive East after that towards Astoria and take the bridge across to WA it gets prettier and there's more to see on I-5.
Up the coast has my vote, too. Take PCH (1) through Big Sur, all the way north of Willits, if you want. The only drawback is that it's slow going; you can cut over to the 101 any time, and that's beautiful, too. Take the 101 as far north as you want (you can stay on it until just south of Seattle, even). To speed things up, just hop over to the 5 (it goes from Mexico to Canada).



Good luck...it's a terrific drive, though; the Redwoods are amazing. If you cut over from the 1 to the 101 around Arcata, watch for zombies around the Hoopa area...I think it's a breeding ground...



Whee!What's the best route to take on a roadtrip from LA to Seattle?
I agree with take the Pacific Coast Highway, but take it all the way and come back of Interstate 5. About three days going up, two days in Seattle, and two days back. It's a wonderful trip. I took that trip several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment