Friday, March 9, 2012

What are good theatre or play suggestions for the Seattle/Tacoma area?

I want to buy my mom tickets to a fun show for Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for plays coming to Seattle or Tacoma in January/Feb. ?What are good theatre or play suggestions for the Seattle/Tacoma area?
Peter Pan will still be playing at Seattle Children's Theater in January. They always put on great productions.



South Pacific is playing at the 5th Avenue in January as well.



There are a few weekend runs of show at the Paramount that include Annie.



Personally I'd go see Peter Pan. I might be a little bias because it's one of my favorite shows, and a friend is in the production.What are good theatre or play suggestions for the Seattle/Tacoma area?
So much theater to choose from!

Here is the best site for looking at what plays are running at any given time. You can search by day/month and it's very easy to see what's available. There are about 25 plays listed for January.

http://seattleperforms.com/index.php?opt鈥?/a>



And one of my favorite places to go, anytime of year, is Teatro Zinzanni. If you've never been there, it is truly unique. It is dinner theater so you are served a 5-course meal designed by chef Tom Douglas. The show is done under an authentic circus tent (but inside a building) and they do a variety show - singing, LOTS of acrobatics (like Cirque de Soleil), comedy, and magic sometimes. It's a very intimate theater so you're close to everything. I always take visiting family there and they love it, plus just my husband and I go with friends. It's really fun. Here is their website: http://dreams.zinzanni.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment