Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How is the singles scene in metro Seattle?

What is the singles/dating scene like in Seattle for a single guy? Are the women into the metrosexual/sophisticated type or the causal t-shirt and jeans guy. Also, I hear that the women there don't really care too much about fashion and. Basically someone told me that women in Seattle put on no make up, or dress up nicely, and walk out of the house with a sweater.



Can someone give me a detailed explanation on the singles scene in Seattle?How is the singles scene in metro Seattle?
According To Forbes, Seattle rankes within the top ten best cities for singles!



1. Denver - Boulder

2. Boston

3. San Francisco

4. Raleigh - Durham

5. Washington - Baltimore

6. Atlanta

7. Los Angeles

8. New York

9. Chicago

10. Seattle

11. Austin

12. Philadelphia

13. Minneapolis - St. Paul

14. Pheonix

15. Sacramento



On Seattle:



Pros and Cons:

“There's a cosmopolitan feel to the city, and the singles scene is fairly vibrant downtown.... There are a lot of young people here who have money and are willing to spend it. ”



“It's also a fairly healthy city, and lots of singles aren't necessarily bar-goers. So it can be difficult to meet other singles if you're not an outdoorsy type who likes rock climbing or hiking or swimming."



I live in Austin, and a lot of people compare the feel and mentality to Seattle. It's very laid back and progressive, still but there is a definite underlying sophistication with a highly educated poplulation. You can go to a coffee shop in flip flops and meet someone or you can go to a swanky lounge.



But I think Seattle has an overall laid back, comfortable, and hip feel. Not a place that would be impressed with stuck up posers.



I think Seattle is great!
dont noHow is the singles scene in metro Seattle?
it's kinda pretty much horrible. everyone is snobby and flaky and rude and they think they are cool and rich. i grew up here, and i have never had bad luck with men, but some of my friends have just been screwed over by chicks over and over and over again. and yeah, there are a lot of chicks here that don't really dress way up or anything. but it's winter and coats are needed! and heels are not practice in the rain!
Well, Seattle's pretty diverse, you could probably find anyone you want in one of it's many neighbourhoods. I live in Belltown, near downtown, and most of the people around here are 30K millionaires, pretty generic and dull for a city. Someone mentioned stuck-up and flaky, I'd have to agree, at least downtown: everyone I know that's moved here has noted that Seattleites are a lot more unfriendly and elitist. On the other hand, I've been to some unique places and met some kool people in neighbourhoods like Fremont, Capitol Hill, and the University District.



As a guy, I'd say the sophisticated type has the upper hand, but it's not a huge deal. The only other city I've lived in is San Diego, which is beyond comparison. A lot of hipsters here too. I hope that helps, I wasn't very specific, I haven't seen a ton of the city. This website might give you an idea of the neighbourhoods. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/neighbors/.
As a single women in the area, the scene is great. If you are the kind of guy that does the jeans and T's thing, women will want you. If you are the kind guy that does dockers and polo's, women will want you. There are enough singles that have different interests that you will probably be wanted.



We care about fashion, we (or I) just don't have to dress up every time we leave. Grocery shopping on a Sunday, I do a sweats. Night club on Saturday... I go all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment