Saturday, March 3, 2012

What are some interesing fabic or quilt stores I should see in Seattle?

I love to sew. I'm going to Seattle for two week this summer. Is there a store or a place I should see to experience fabric and quilts and sewing?What are some interesing fabic or quilt stores I should see in Seattle?
Should you ever be interested in returning, consider going to the yearly show in Puyallup, Sew Expo... about 35,000 attendence, and 5 days of classes, shows and shopping. End of February/beginning of March (March 3-6, preclasses on 2 March 2011). http://www.sewexpo.com http://sewingandstitcheryexpo.blogspot.c鈥?/a> Biggest US general sewing show.



Now, as to fabric stores: Nancy's Sewing Basket is where I'd send you for nice (though expensive) garment fabrics. Pacific Fabrics is the local chain, and they tend to have better than Joann/Hancock fabrics at prices near the nationals. If you've got wheels and are heading south anyhow and looking for dressy/nice stuff, Billies Designer Fabrics in Chehalis. If you're interested in outdoor goods (Goretex, fleeces, coated fabrics, etc.), then Seattle Fabrics. My favorite quilt shop closed in the last year or so (I'm closer to Portland, so I'm well stocked with quilt fabrics down this way), so really can't make any good suggestions there.



You might want to watch the bead shops and craft fairs for locally made glass buttons. Seattle and Portland both have strong glass crafting communities -- Seattle tends to be stronger in blown glass and Portland in fused glass. (and if you are at all interested in glass, Tacoma has a knock-your-socks-off glass museum called Museum of Glass.)What are some interesing fabic or quilt stores I should see in Seattle?
Here are several you can visit - http://www.bing.com/search?q=quilt+shops鈥?/a>
  • driving school
  • calculate percentage
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment